is dedicated to helping birth mothers find the right adoptive family for their child. Choose a link below to learn more about the services of ParentProfiles.com.
Are you pregnant?Are you hoping to adopt?
How Can You Tell if You're Pregnant?
The early days of pregnancy can be confusing ones, especially if you aren't sure that you are pregnant yet. There are so many symptoms and feelings- and it is difficult to distinguish between what is real and what isn't. Your own emotions may further cloud your judgment- especially if you are trying to get pregnant, or not wanting to be pregnant. So how then does one know? The following is a list of signs and symptoms that may indicate pregnancy. It is important to remember that just because you have one or a few of these symptoms does not mean that you are indeed pregnant- only a positive pregnancy test and a doctor's examination can confirm it.
- A missed period. This is usually the first clue that something may be different. This could also be due to a hormone imbalance or stress.
- Food cravings. Or food aversions. This could be all in your head, so don't rely on this symptom.
- Darkening of the areolas- many women experience a darkening of the skin around the nipples. This could also be due to a hormone imbalance or due to a previous pregnancy.
- Spotting or cramping. All of these could be signs of implantation. They could also indicate an oncoming menstrual period.
- Frequent urination.
- Feeling tired. High hormone levels in pregnancy can leave you feeling drained, though so women, particularly those with high stress careers or other small children may not notice a difference.
- Tender, swollen breasts. Some women don't experience this, so it all depends on your own body.
- Morning sickness. This can strike at any time, and some moms-to-be escape it altogether. This could also be a sign of sickness or stress.
- Your basal body temperature stays high. If you are charting your body temperature you may notice that you have more than 18 high temperatures in a row. This could be a very good indication that you are pregnant.