Dan & Terryprofile id #27168
Dan & Terry
are hopeful adoptive parents from Minnesota waiting to adopt a baby.
If you are pregnant and considering placing your child for adoption, please read the following Dear Birthmother Letter.
Do you know the wedding vows “To have and to hold for better or worse”? Well we are a couple that put that to the test right away. On our wedding day (14 years ago) Terry stepped on her wedding dress, fell, and sprained her knee. (No kidding!) So Dan spent our honeymoon pushing Terry around Universal Studios in a wheelchair. It was still fun though - plus we found out that you’re allowed to go to the front of the lines if you’re injured.
Fast forward a few years to the time when we were first trying to start a family. After experiencing infertility and grieving this loss, we chose open adoption. This led us to adopting our beautiful daughter Grace.
Fast forward a few more years, and we are excited and hopeful to expand our family again through open adoption. Please read on to find out a little more information about us:
• Terry enjoys spending time outside and has a large vegetable garden (fresh tomatoes are the best!)
• She loves horses, we have 2 horses and a pony: Whiskey, Bailey, and Joker
• She works full time as an IT project manager
• Very organized
• Likes reading
• Comes from a big family: 5 siblings, 49 cousins
• Loves chocolate and ice cream; loves to bake – especially cookies
• Looks forward to garage sales in the spring
• Personal motto: “Your problem is not defeat; it is an opportunity to grow”
• Dan is a computer whiz
• He works full time as a Computer programmer
• "Jack-Of-All Trades”: he can fix most anything and does lots of home improvements
• Middle child in a family of three siblings
• Likes watching movies and playing computer games
• Favorite food - sandwiches (Dave & Busters Philly Steak Sandwich - yum !)
• Likes making bonfires - especially when accompanied by fireworks.
• Musically inclined - plays the guitar and was in band & choir & theater as a teen
• 7 years old. Attends 1st grade. She is currently learning to read.
• Energetic (with a capital E)
• Loves to swim
• Loves animals, especially cats. We have “barn” cats outside.
• Sings both real and made up songs. Current favorite song: “Call Me Maybe”
• Looks forward to spending time with her cousins (one of her cousins is adopted too!)
• She is shy at first in new situations, but then is very outgoing
• Favorite treat: Root Beer floats, sampling the ingredients while helping Mom with baking
• Loves board games, pretend picnics, and dress-up.
• Fun Fact: she was born on Halloween; shares her birthday with Terry's Mom and one of Terry's sisters.
As a family:
• In the summer we spend time outdoors, mostly in our spacious backyard. We spend time with our horses and cats, on the swing set, or in the kiddie pool, or sometimes we go the beach.
• In the winter we mostly hibernate and watch a lot of movies at home. We also hook up the sled to the 4-wheeler and take that for a ride.
• We work on projects together – anything from home improvement projects, to yard work, to getting hay for the horses, to art projects. Grace and Terry work on the garden and grow green beans, tomatoes, pumpkins, and carrots (the carrots are mostly to feed to the horses).
• We play board games (mostly Dan and Grace) like Clue Jr., Connect 4, Checkers, and Chess. Also iPad games like Hey Day, Bubble Witch.
• We visit our extended family often, including holidays.
• Every 4th of July we see fireworks and go to our town parade (last year was so hot we brought along home-made snow cones in our cooler).
• We always eat dinner together, which Dan usually makes, things like: hotdish, spaghetti, chicken burgers, sloppy joes, chicken alfredo. Grace always adds strawberries, apples, raspberries or melon to her plate.
• We are mostly home-bodies, and focus our outside activities on things that are important to us like work, visiting family, Grace’s swimming and gymnastics lessons, religion class, and Dan’s weekly dinner with his friends.
• Small town
• about 1/2 hour from the Twin Cities
• 9 acre hobby farm (we mow a lot!)
• 4-bedroom home (often in various states of renovation)
We have an open adoption with Grace’s birth family and truly consider them to be a part of our extended family. We look forward to opening our home to another child through open adoption yet realize that each situation is unique. We are flexible regarding the level of openness and will work with you to determine what is optimal for all involved.
Thank you for taking time to learn about us, we can’t wait to show you our passion and devotion to family.
Terry & Dan & Grace